This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.leylahattar.com and applies solely to information collected by this website and its use.
What is the information being collected?
- If you have opted in to receive the newsletter > your name and email address
- If you are purchasing a personalized book or book plate > The name of the individual you would like your book(s) to be made out to, your name, email address, mailing address, and any other information (or note) that you choose to enter while checking out via Paypal. Please note: We do not see or handle your banking or credit card information.
- If you leave a comment > your name, email address, website URL (optional) .
- If you message us via the contact form > your name, email address, and the information you input into the form.
- Other information that does not specifically identify you, including data that is collected by most browsers, via the use of “cookies”, tags, pixels, or technology that includes tracking information. This includes: your IP address, geolocation information (latitude and longitude), time of access, date of access, pages viewed, device information, screen resolution, operating system, browser type, language, Internet Service Provider, search terms and results, Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer, and model.
How is this data collected?
This data is collected in the following instances:
- Newsletter > Via a subscription opt-in form, using AWeber Systems Inc. to facilitate and organize marketing automation. AWeber Systems, Inc. participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. AWeber Systems, Inc. is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles.
- Comment section> Via Akismet, to prevent spam.
How will this information be used?
This information allows Leylah Attar to:
- Communicate with readers
- Fulfill book orders
- Prevent spam
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of website users
- Respond to comments and inquiries
Who will it be shared with?
This information is used solely by Leylah Attar and will never be shared, except in the following cases:
I may provide personal information collected from you if required by law to comply with a legal process, or to protect and defend my rights, services or property
I may occasionally provide information that does not specifically identify you to improve my services, by sharing this data with companies that have a clear need for such information in order to perform their functions e.g. web design, marketing, analytics.
Reasonable efforts are made to safeguard this information. However, no data storage system or transmission method is guaranteed to be 100% secure. I am not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of any third parties, listed above or otherwise, including information you disclose to other organizations in connection with this website (e.g. if you choose to leave a comment via Facebook) or via your social sharing activity.
What are the Opt-out options?
Newsletter subscribers will receive emails that they have opted in for. They can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email.
If you would like to review, change, correct, or delete any data I have about you, or you have any concerns or questions about the use of this data, please contact me directly.
Last Updated: December 20th, 2019